If you want to know more information, like quotation, products, solutions, etc., please contact us online.
At present, the reserves of easily selected single gold deposits in nature are decreasing year by year, and gold deposits with complex compositions and high impurities are gradually attracting attention. For these impurities with high content, improving the grade of gold concentrate is one of the main ways to improve resource utilization. The following will introduce you to several methods to improve the taste of gold concentrate from the aspects of process flow, collector use, raw ore grade, overflow slurry concentration and automatic control of dosing.
Use the table of contents below to navigate through the guide:
According to the characteristics of gold ore, choosing the appropriate mineral processing technology can improve the quality of the concentrate. The beneficiation process has a great impact on the quality of the gold concentrate, which is mainly reflected in the different stages of the beneficiation process:
1. Crushing and grinding: The quality and efficiency of crushing and grinding operations will directly affect the grade of gold concentrate. Optimize crushing and grinding processes can subdivide the ore into smaller particles, improve gold exposure and release efficiency, thereby improving the grade of gold concentrate.
2. Gravity separation and flotation: These two separation methods are mainly processes of separating gold ore and other impurities through differences in density and buoyancy. Optimizing the gravity separation and flotation process can effectively remove impurities to improve the purity and grade of gold.
3. Acid leaching and oxidation: For gold ores containing sulfides, acid leaching and oxidation are common methods. These processes mainly use acidic solutions or oxidants to convert sulfides into soluble or flotatable substances to better sort gold particles. Proper acid leaching and oxidation can improve the recovery rate of gold ore, thereby improving the grade of gold concentrate.
4. Waste treatment: The waste and tailings generated during the mineral processing process have an impact on the environment and the taste of gold concentrate. Proper disposal of waste can reduce negative impacts on the environment and reduce impurity levels in gold concentrates.
The influence of chemicals on the grade of gold concentrate is mainly divided into: the influence of mixed collectors on the taste of gold concentrate and the influence of collector dosage on the taste of gold concentrate.
Commonly used mixed reagents for gold flotation are butyl xanthate and butylammonium black reagent. These two reagents can be used in industrial production after being mixed. The different proportions of these two chemicals have a certain impact on the quality of the concentrate. When the amount of butylammonium black drug in the mixed drug is reduced, there is no obvious change in the overall taste of the concentrate. When the dixanthate is used alone, its flotation concentrate index is better than that of mixed drugs. The gold mine recovery rate will increase as the dosage of butylammonium black chemical decreases. Therefore, when flotating gold ore, it is necessary to select appropriate collectors to improve the recovery rate of gold ore and the quality of concentrate.
The concentrate grade will be affected by the amount of collector. The dosage of collector agent should not be too large. As the dosage of collector increases, the concentrate grade may show a downward trend, and some gangue minerals and other minerals will gradually float up, thus affecting gold mine flotation indicators. Impurity levels in gold concentrates can also increase.
The grade of raw ore has an important impact on the grade of concentrate, which is mainly reflected in the gold content in the gold ore, the structure and type of the gold ore, the impurity content in the ore, ore hardness and mineral composition, etc.
1. Gold content in the ore: The higher the gold content in the raw ore, the higher the grade of the gold concentrate will be. High-grade raw ore means a higher proportion of gold in the original ore, so after beneficiation, the gold content in the concentrate will also be higher.
2. Structure and type of gold mine: Different types of gold mines and structures have different effects on gold extraction and separation. Certain ore types are susceptible to crushing, grinding and flotation, making it easier to extract gold concentrate.
3. Impurity content: Common impurities in raw gold ore include sulfides, oxides and other metals. High impurity levels may reduce gold purity and affect gold extraction efficiency.
4. Ore hardness: Harder gold ore will require more crushing and grinding processes, and the gold release efficiency will be low, thus affecting the grade of gold ore concentrate.
5. Mineral composition of the ore: Some minerals may have high adsorption properties. During the process of extracting gold, they will be adsorbed on the surface of the concentrate and hinder the efficiency of gold ore beneficiation.
The gold ore slurry is processed by a classifier, and the overflow part is stirred and roughly separated. The concentration of the slurry has a certain impact on the quality of the concentrate. When the overflow concentration reaches a certain percentage, the concentrate grade will show a downward trend. Therefore, during the separation process, the concentration of gold mine slurry needs to be controlled to avoid waste of resources.
As a commonly used technical means in the gold ore beneficiation process, automatic dosing technology has a certain impact on the indicators and quality of gold concentrate. The automatic dosing machine can monitor and adjust the amount of medicine added in real time to ensure the stability and accuracy of medicine addition. The automatic dosing machine can also accurately control the addition of different types of chemicals and control their proportions according to the characteristics of gold ore and process requirements. The automatic dosing machine can also feedback control and adjust the dosage of chemicals and optimize the gold ore beneficiation process parameters, thereby maximizing the extraction efficiency and grade of gold.
The methods for improving the taste of gold concentrate are introduced above from the aspects of process flow, use of collectors, raw ore grade, overflow slurry concentration and automatic control of dosing. In actual production, there are other factors that affect the grade of concentrate during the gold ore beneficiation process. The beneficiation process needs to be appropriately adjusted according to the actual situation to obtain higher-grade gold concentrate. Xinhai Mining recommends first using mineral processing test to determine a suitable gold ore beneficiation process plan, which can improve the grade of gold concentrate.